Are you a teacher at a K-12, college or university?
Here’s a question for you:
How do you prepare, administer, and grade exams during the year?
We all know most schools have moved online for “official” exams.
But what about all the other times students need to take tests?
Take end-of-chapter or end-of-module quizzes, for example.
In most schools, these are still done manually, either on a computer or by hand.
Teachers have to prepare the quiz questions, write and format the question paper, and then grade it.
This ends up being 5 to 10 hours of extra work per week, per teacher, per exam, on average.
On top of all the regular duties a teacher has.
A lot of staying at school after hours, or taking work home.
Teachers work the most unpaid overtime out of any profession.
In fact, a recent study conducted by the Trades Union Congress (TUC) found that teachers in the UK work 9 million extra hours per week, FOR FREE!
That’s 462 million hours per year.
We were shocked when we found out, but there it is... in black and white.
And the sad reality is, much of that work is administrative in nature, and not related to what teachers are supposed to be doing, which is educating students.
But what if there was a better way?
- A way to save 5 to 10 hours of work per week (work teachers aren’t getting paid for) by eliminating the need for manual labor in creating, administering, and grading exams.
- And you could do it without purchasing expensive equipment or needing hours and hours of additional training on how to use it?
- All you need is a single piece of software and a multifunction printer (MFP)
Bubble Grader by Konica Minolta
Dispatcher Phoenix is an advanced document workflow application that helps our customers save time by automating common document processing tasks.
More specifically, the Bubble Grader module helps teachers save time on preparing, administering, and grading exams using Konica Minolta MFPs.
As an added benefit, schools don’t have to spend money on expensive, pre-printed bubble sheet tests or expensive test scoring machines.
Here’s how it works:
- Teachers can use our bubble sheet generator to create, customize, and print out bubble sheet tests and answer keys.
- Once the tests have been taken, stack them up, put the answer key on top, place the stack in your MFP’s automatic document feeder, and press the Bubble Grader icon.
- Your MFP will grade the test automatically. Correct answers are circled in green. Incorrect answers are marked with a red slash, with the correct answer circled in red.
- The Bubble Grader tool can also print out reports like a comprehensive test summary or a question-by-question analysis.
This makes it very easy for teachers to see whether their class has absorbed the material and understood concepts.
Conversely, teachers can know which concepts students need more instruction in.
There’s no need for teachers to spend hours and hours every week manually preparing and grading tests.
The Bubble Grader by Konica Minolta automates the entire exam process, so teachers can spend time doing their real job:
Educating students so they become successful, productive members of society.
Do you want to see how the Bubble Grader can save your teachers hundreds of hours of unnecessary extra work per semester?
Click on the button below to schedule a demonstration and trial today.